Who is Richie Contartesi?
Richie was picked on his whole life because he was always much smaller than everyone else. As a young boy he dreamt of playing big-time college football, but he had a challenge. At 5’7 155 pounds, he found 1 tryout and an opportunity to play big-time college football. He walked on the Ole Miss Football team and eventually earned a football scholarship, started in all 12 games, fulfilled his lifelong goal of running out of the tunnel in front of 100,000 fans and he is now a #1 Best Selling Author.
Richie is passionate about helping eliminate school bullying and cyberbullying on campuses nationwide. His speech uses humor, emotions students can’t forget, and a real engaging heartfelt story that takes his audience on a roller coaster and instills a lasting change. Students leave Richie’s school assemblies encouraged, empowered, and ready to take action.
Why Richie Contartesi?
Richie’s approach as an anti-bullying speaker is a bit different than most. No Bullet Points. No do this or do that. He shares his story which includes serious bullying and intertwines the importance of writing down your goal, building relationships, overcoming fear, and persistence to reach your goals. His speech will make you cry, laugh, and look deep within yourself to begin your own personal journey to success. Whether you have issues with cyber or regular bullying, Richie knows that these are only symptoms of a larger problem and will spend time with you digging into the real problem so the BULLYING STOPS.
How to recognize and respond to bullying
When to stand up, when to walk away, and when to tell an adult
Empowering students to not be victims of bullying
Cyberbullying and social media effects on the brain and solutions
Practical steps for building confidence, self-esteem and developing resiliency
How to prevent and stop bullying through peer leadership and culture
Free Access to Goal Setting Course
He is one of those athletes who may not be the fastest, biggest, or most talented, but through hard work, a never give up attitude, and belief in himself, makes believers out of everyone around him.
-Houston Nutt, Ole Miss Head Football Coach
*Only 9 Available Dates Left
The recent anti-bullying statistics are shocking…
- 50% of young people have bullied another person, 30% of which do it at least once a week.
- 69% of young people have witnessed somebody else being bullied, 43% of which see it at least once a week.
- Every day, 160,000 students skip school for fear of being bullied
- One out of four students will be abused by a classmate
- As a result of bullying, 29% self harmed, 27% skipped class, 14% developed an eating disorder and 12% ran away from home.
- On average, 282,000 students are physically attacked each month
- A child commits suicide as a result of bullying once every half hour – https://www.ditchthelabel.org/annual-bullying-survey-2015/